Peace Academy follows the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for grades Kindergarten to Twelfth for English and Language Arts and Mathematics. In addition our science curriculum follows the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
For information regarding curriculum for individual grades, please visit our courses page.
For Islamic studies, Peace Academy has adopted the ISST standards. The Islamic Studies Standardized Tests (ISST) is a criterion referenced instrument designed to provide schools with data on students (grades 2 – 8) ability to master concepts within four major subjects:
- Quran Studies
- Sirah and Hadith
- Aqidah, Fiqh and Akhlaq
- Islamic History
For Quranic Studies, please click here to view the detailed Quran Curriculum for all grades. For 6-12th, the following skills are taught in the Quran Curriculum:
- Learn reading Quran
- Learn Tajweed (pronunciation) rules.
- Applying Tajweed rules.
- Memorize surahs from the Quran.
- Understand meaning of words and Ayaat (Quranic sentences).
- Internalize the Quranic meanings, lessons and message.
- Implement Quranic teachings in their daily life.
- Reflect on the Surahs and Ayaat of the Quran they learn.
Translate (Other Languages)»