Academic & Career Counselor – Ms. Jinan El-Sabbagh
If you have Questions about:
- Dual Enrollment (TCC Classes )
- ACT/SAT Prep
- Graduation Requirements
- Choosing a major/Career (ICAP = Individualized Career Academic Plan)
- Community Service Opportunities
Book an appointment via email at email@example.com or text (832) 567-9658.
Counselor’s Services Include Academic & Career Planning:
• Offer customized career & educational plans for students.
• Help students to choose the appropriate concurrent courses and dual credit courses.
• Offer College Preparation workshops for parents of 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 grades.
• Invite specialized speakers for successful Career Day workshops throughout the year.
• Organize field trips to the Career Fair at Tulsa Community College & University Day & “How to choose your major?” workshop.
• Attended events offered at universities with students
• Teach a monthly class about: college terminologies, types of higher education’s colleges, skills required for specific careers, develop a career plan, difference between a job and a career, how to turn your job to career, importance of extracurricular activities, organized community services, preparing for campus visits, scholarships types,…etc.
• Give monthly classes for students about self-awareness, career options, and self-marketing for students.
• Advise students on degree specific programs, procedures as well as college application process.
• Meet with parents by appointment when requested to answer their questions and provide information and resources about college options, scholarships, and standardized tests preparation…etc.
• Offer academic and career advice to Alumni.
• Alumni Panel Workshops for students
• Trip to OU Math Day. To practice for math day, please visit OU Math Day.
Informative Resources for Students & Parents:
1. For information regarding scholarships, career planning and high school and college planning, please visit College Start.
2. For high school career planning handbook, please visit www.ucango2.org.
3. To apply at Tulsa Community College: please visit TCC.
4. To apply at Tulsa Technology Center: please visit Tulsa Technology Center. or call Tulsa Tech to visit: (918) 828-5000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for ACT: actstudent.org.
– For ACT classes at TCC: Please call Continuing Education (918) 595-7200 or visit Test preparation: ACT Classes at TCC.
– Public school -community Ed. EX. Jenks Community Ed.
– Universities –continuing Ed. Ex: NSU Community Ed.
– Outside tutor/centers: Sylvan, Kaplan, oxford learning center, Huntington, tutor doctor, etc.
Major Scholarship Websites:
8, 9, &10 grade:
• Oklahoma Promise. Please apply before the end of 10th grade.
Seniors (12th grade):
• To apply for Student Federal Aid (FAFSA), please complete FAFSA. The scholarship opens on October 1st.
• Tulsa Achieves (Tulsa Community College)
• For all other Tulsa Community College scholarships: please visit tulsacc.edu/scholarships.
Summer Opportunities for rising 8th grade and up:
Please visit College Start (for amazing, free summer learning experiences at local universities)
These academies are great opportunity for the students at summer time and they are FREE. The academies open in March and fill up quickly.